This program provides a child friendly, safe, neutral place for non-custodial parents to visit their children with supervision provided throughout their visit. We also provide a neutral site for the exchange of children between custodial and non-custodial parents. Referrals may be made from a court, mediation, or an agreement by both parents. There is a fee for this service that is on a sliding scale based on income and family size.
There are many varying reasons why separated parents require supervision during visits with their children. Some include:
- The safety of the custodial parent & children, due to family violence or abuse
- Estrangement or hostility between the children’s parents
- A lengthy separation between parent & child that requires support to overcome
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- A history of severe or chronic mental illness
- Threat of kidnapping
Individual intake interviews for both parents (caregivers) are required prior to arranging visits. There are two locations: Burlington and Milton. The sites are open weekends and by appointment only.
This program meets all of the standards established by the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Funding of this Program is provided by the Government of Ontario.
The views expressed on our website are the views of Thrive Counselling and do not necessarily reflect those of the Province.