The Partner Abuse Response Program (PAR) is a 12-week educational & counselling group program for people who have used abusive behaviours with their partners. Each participant attends a group information session, prior to attending the group.
The Partner Abuse Response program will help participants to:
- Take responsibility for their behaviour
- Understand that abusive behaviour is a choice
- Adopt new ways of communicating with their partner
- Identify the personal costs of their behaviour
- Understand the effects of their behaviour on their kids & partner
Participants are referred by the Court or Probation Services. All charges must be resolved prior to beginning the program. Fees are based on a sliding scale. Interpreters are provided at no cost, if required.
This Program is 12 sessions in length. Men’s groups are offered in Burlington and Milton. Women’s groups are offered in Burlington. Individual sessions are provided for those with same-sex partners.
This program meets all of the standards established by the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Funding of this Program is provided by the Government of Ontario.
The views expressed on our website are the views of Thrive Counselling and do not necessarily reflect those of the Province.