Thrive Counselling is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and its associated regulations.
Thrive Counselling understands that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance by incorporating accessibility legislation into our policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
Providing an accessible and barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and we are committed as an organization to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility for all a reality.
We are continuously pursuing ways to make our service and space more accessible and we value your input. Please provide any feedback or suggestions to help us improve (PDF). Send us a note, call us (905) 637-5256, or send an email to email@example.com. If you require the feedback form in an alternate format, would like to provide feedback differently, or if you would like to see our full accessibility policies, please let us know.
We have taken many steps to improve accessibility. Several steps are listed below for your information:
- Service animals are welcome
- Support people are welcome
- Video-counselling/calls are available with closed captioning
- The font size on our website is adjustable – select the size that is best for you. Our website meets accessibility requirements
- Fully accessible washrooms at Burlington Centre location are currently available on the main floor.
- Oakville, Burlington and Milton offices have an elevator. Georgetown office is on ground level.
- Burlington and Oakville offices are accessible by public transit. All offices have free parking.
- We will post any changes to our physical offices which may temporarily affect accessibility and our committed to making appropriate arrangements during these times.
For our Multi Year Accessibility plan, please click here
For our Emergency Response Plan, please click here
Please contact us as described above if your require an alternate format.